SmartRay is specialized in 3D Sensors for inspection, guidance and measurement that help manufacturing companies to improve product quality, guide automation and reduce production costs. By focusing on 3D, SmartRay has built a comprehensive portfolio of products designed to solve a rapidly increasing range of industrial applications.
SmartRay’s laser line scanners work on the principle of laser triangulation and use a CMOS camera chip in the receive path. To achieve high scanning rates of up to 10kHz, the regions of interest (ROIs) of the camera chip are configured to only capture the laser line. However, for applications in which the object that is being scanned is not known beforehand, the optimal size of the ROIs must be determined with an automated mechanism.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this master’s thesis, different concepts for automatic laser line tracking and the calculation of optimal ROIs should be developed. These concepts should then be evaluated and compared against each other. Afterwards, the most promising concept should be implemented as Hardware/Software Codesign in an FPGA and an ARM processor respectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, information technology, or any comparable course of studies
- Hardware description languages Verilog or SystemVerilog
- Programming languages C and C++
- Experience with Intel/Altera FPGA Design Flow is an advantage
- Experience in image and video processing is an advantage
- Good English language skills
What we offer:
- Working on state-of-the-art embedded systems for Machine Vision
- Open and flexible working environment
- Working in an international team
- Possibility for long term employment in a rapidly growing company